Monday, July 27, 2015

Sketching Bethesda Fountain at Central Park

Sketching at Bethesda Fountain. Central Park, New York.
Lately I've been going to Central Park in the early mornings and late afternoons with my sketch book and lawn chair to draw. Drawing has been a big passion of mine. I love to draw. What I like best about drawing is the fast results. I can quickly grab a few materials and set up anywhere in Central park and do a quick study sketch. I can move around at one location and create several studies for future paintings, then quickly pack up and go for a walk and look for new locations to sketch. 

Here's a spot I've been wanting to draw for along time at Central Park. The Bethesda Fountain. Great place and a popular location in the city. It's so beautiful.  Sketching here is challenging: lots of perspective drawing with the landscape and structures. I'll be back to this spot soon with easel and canvas.